The weekend is here, and you’re not sure what to do. You’ve run out of movies to watch, there are no new books coming out from your favorite author, and you’re sick of playing video games. So what should you do this weekend? Check out these different activities that you can do by yourself, with a partner, or even with your family.
Things to do this summer – Let’s Go Outside!
- Go outside and play.
- The benefits of being outdoors are endless! You can get exercise, see your friends and family, or just enjoy the weather. Some studies have even shown that spending time in nature has positive effects on our mental health.
- Kids need to be outside more than adults do because they’re still growing and developing physically and mentally. Plus it helps them learn about their environment so they can navigate through it safely when they’re older — an important skill for children to develop early on!
- For seniors who live independently (or with family members), staying active is important for maintaining good health as you age. It also helps keep you from getting bored since most seniors don’t have much else to do besides staying indoors all day long unless there’s something special planned such as visiting relatives or going out somewhere exciting like a museum or amusement park where everyone goes together as a group – which makes it fun too!
See what is available to rent at your library.
You can find out what is available to rent at the library by checking out their website. They will also have a list of all the books and movies that are available in their catalog, and you will be able to pick out exactly what you want. Once you have made your selection, it is easy to reserve it and then pick it up when it’s ready for checkout. The great thing about doing this is that there are no late fees if something happens, so if you forget about a book or movie (or lose it), there isn’t any problem!
The cost of renting a book or movie varies from library to library but generally ranges between $0-$2 depending on how long you keep them for. A good rule of thumb is 3 weeks for each item rented before returning them, but most libraries offer longer periods of time as well as extensions if necessary due to illness etc…
Walk in the woods.
One of the best things you can do is to go for a walk. This can be in the woods, on the beach, in the forest, desert or mountains. If you live near a city then go for a walk and see what it has to offer. You will be pleasantly surprised at what you find.
Rent a canoe.
When you rent a canoe, you can enjoy some exercise, spend time with your family, and see nature. Plus! You might even spot some wildlife!
Go to the movie theater.
Go to the movie theater.
Movie theaters can be a great way to spend time with your family, especially if you’re looking for something different than what you normally do on the weekends. You can go on a cheap night (most theaters have $5 Tuesday or Wednesday special), or bring your own snacks and save money by that way as well. If you have kids, it’s also nice because they get to see movies too!
If going to the movie theater is something that interests you but don’t know where to start, here are some places we recommend:
- Drive-in theaters – there are still quite a few around!
- Theaters with an arcade attached – fun for all ages!
This can be a fun activity for the whole family. The first step is to find a trail that’s appropriate for your group. If you have little ones, pick a trail with good sidewalks or paved paths so they can walk without getting tired too quickly. For older kids, consider taking them to try out some more difficult trails with hills and rough terrain if they’re ready for it.
Here are some things to remember before heading out:
- Bring plenty of water and snacks (don’t forget sunscreen!). You’ll want these on hand if you get tired or hungry during the hike!
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing that won’t get caught on branches or poke into rocks when you walk through them. Make sure everyone has hats, sunglasses and sunscreen—the sun can be really strong even when it doesn’t feel like it at first!
There are a lot of things you can do this weekend with your family, without having to spend a lot of money.
Rent a canoe and spend the day on the water.
Go to the movie theater with your kids to see their favorite movie.
Go to the library with your child and read together in front of a fireplace, or just grab some books from their shelves and do it outside!
Hike up Camelback Mountain or one of its many trails for an easy workout for both you and your family. You could also rent cabins where you can stay at night if you want to make this into a weekend getaway!
If you are looking for something fun to do this weekend then go surf at Pacific Beach or Mission Beach which is only about 30 minutes away from San Diego
That’s it for this week. I hope you found the information useful. If you are planning any events, and would like them listed here, please contact me by Monday. Also, if you have any ideas for things that could be added to this list, please let me know!