There are so many materials to choose from when you start a project and foamboard is the unsung hero of the craft and construction world. In this post we will discuss what foamboard is, it’s uses, and how to use them.
Foamboard is a framing material used mostly in art framing.
Foamboard is a framing material used mostly in art framing. It is also commonly used for construction, model building, crafts and decorations.
Foam core is a lightweight, rigid paper with a foam-like cellular structure that gives it strength and stability without adding weight or bulkiness to your project. Foam board generally comes in four different grades of quality:
- High density (2 lb.)—Very durable board; strong enough for use in commercial signage applications; good color saturation; prints well on both sides of the sheet without damaging ink/toner
- Medium density (1.5 lb.)—Good all purpose board for various projects such as signs, displays and models that require moderate stiffness yet adequate flexibility; decently priced option when compared with other types of materials
Definition: Foamboard is a paper backed panel that uses a layer of foam between two pieces of paper to create a solid, lightweight surface for construction and craft.
Foamboard is a paper-backed panel that uses a layer of foam between two pieces of paper to create a solid, lightweight surface for construction and craft.
One reason why foamboard is so popular is because it’s so easy to work with. It’s light enough to cut with regular scissors, yet sturdy enough to hold up under most conditions. The foam also makes the material stiffer than other types of cardboard or paper, which means that you can use fewer layers in your projects. This keeps them lighter and easier to handle on the job site!
Things you can do with foamboard.
Foamboard is a versatile material that can be used in a number of different ways. You can use it to make crafts, art projects, signs, models and sculptures. Foamboard is also great for school projects because it’s lightweight but sturdy enough to hold up when needed. The following are some ideas for how you could use foamboard:
- Crafts — Use foamboard as the base of your project. It’s light weight and easy to work with which makes it perfect for children’s crafts like picture frames or photo albums.
- Art — Cut out patterns on the backside of your foam board before gluing them together to create an interesting geometric shape that can be hung on the wall or turned into decorative lampshades by covering them with colored paper (like newspaper). For example: [pic link]
- Home decor — Hang wallpaper made from old comic books over existing walls using double sided tape so you won’t have any visible seams! For example: [pic link]
- Construction — When working with other materials such as wood or metal where there can be splinters left over after cutting pieces out from larger sheets; simply place each piece onto its own sheet of foam board first so no one gets hurt while sawing through any rough edges later down road.. More info here: [link].
Foamboard is a great material that has many uses from construction to craft projects.
Foamboard, also known as foamcore, is a versatile material that has many uses. It’s great for construction projects like framing and wall art. It can be used to make signs and models as well. Foamcore is available in different sizes and thicknesses with standard sizes being 24×36 inches and 36×48 inches (there are some smaller sizes too).
The most common thickness of foamboard is 3/16″ thick but you can also get it at 5/8″ or 1″.
Foamboard comes in white or black on one side but you may also find pink or blue boards which are both very colorful options if you’re looking for something more bright!
Here’s how I use foamboard:
Foamboard has many uses from construction to craft projects. I have used it to build the frame for a picture and I have also used it to make model cars. It is a great material that is easy to work with and can be found in most art supply stores.