Are you sick of the hot tub covers getting stuck on your hot tub? that could be a sign that you need to clean it. If you don’t know how to clean the filter and pump, it might be time for an upgrade! Luckily for all of us, there is one company out there who does exactly what we need-SpaCoverPro.com! These guys not only know their stuff when it comes to hot tub pumps and filters but they also offer some great tips on how to keep them clean as well.
So if you’re ready for some fresh advice from an expert, let’s dive right into this topic shall we?
When you go to flip the hot tub cover you may run into a problem.
Your cover may flip over, but it might be stuck. (This is what happened to me.) If you’ve got a new cover, it’s probably going to be fairly tight on the tub.
You’ll need to do some gentle coaxing to get it loose again. I used a butter knife as shown below:
Try putting something that has a little weight on the hot tub cover.
If you can’t find an item that will fit your hot tub cover, try putting something that has a little weight on the hot tub cover. You want it to be heavy enough not to blow off in a strong wind but light enough not to weigh down your cover.
Here are some examples of items that could work:
- A rock, brick or piece of wood – make sure they are evenly distributed over the top so they don’t cause any damage
- A potted plant – make sure it’s heavy enough and placed in an area where you don’t mind if it gets damaged by water splashing on it (a window sill might work)
- An umbrella stand – again, place this in an area where water won’t splash onto it
Try hooking your hot tub cover on and detaching it at just the right moment.
Whether your hot tub cover is made of foam or vinyl, it’s a good idea to flip the cover inside out before you put it back down. This will help get rid of any debris that may have collected underneath during use and make sure you don’t end up with squirrels living in your hot tub later on.
Try hooking your hot tub cover on and detaching it at just the right moment, so that you can flip both directions without taking off too far towards either side.
You can add more foam to your hot tub cover.
You can add more foam to your hot tub cover.
If you have a foam flip for the hot tub cover, it can help you keep the cover on better. Just add another layer of foam over the top of your existing one, and then put a new rubber band around it. This will make it hold onto your hot tub cover so that it doesn’t slip off when there’s wind or rain, which is really helpful if you want to avoid having to take care of this problem in the future!
The main thing here is just finding some kind of method that works for keeping your hot tub cover on, whether that means buying something like this or else coming up with one yourself from scratch (which might be fun!).
Make sure that you use an even amount of foam over the entire hot tub cover.
- Make sure that you use an even amount of foam over the entire hot tub cover.
- Use a foam roller to apply the foam evenly across your hot tub cover.
- Use a foam brush to make sure that the foam is even.
Make sure that you are cleaning your hot tub filter and hot tub pump every day.
- Make sure that you are cleaning your hot tub filter and hot tub pump every day.*
This is very important because if you do not clean these daily then the water will get dirty and full of bacteria.
- Clean your filter and pump every day.*
The filters should be cleaned at least once a week, but it’s better if they’re cleaned daily, especially if there are people using them. This will make sure that there is no build up of dirt or debris inside the pipes leading to clogging which can lead to damage in other areas farther down stream such as motor bearings or impellers.
Cleaning is important!
It’s important to clean your hot tub filter and hot tub pump every day. If you don’t, the contaminants from your skin and hair can build up inside of them, which can lead to bacteria growth in your water. This will cause chemicals that kill bacteria like chlorine to become less effective over time, which will weaken their ability to kill harmful microorganisms that may be present in your hot tub water.
It’s also important that you clean the inside of the shell itself thoroughly with a brush or scrubber once a month using bleach diluted half-and-half with warm water (no more than 2%). This will remove any buildup left behind by previous occupants.
Make sure that you are checking underneath the water line of your hot tub as well as the inside of it for cleanliness and filth.
You should also be checking underneath the water line of your hot tub as well as the inside of it for cleanliness and filth. If you do not do this, it can cause issues with mold, mildew, and other unwanted substances that could potentially damage your hot tub. If you find that there is dirt on the outside of your hot tub cover, make sure to have someone look at it right away so they can remove it safely before any damage happens to the actual structure itself.
Taking care of your hot tub will help keep it useful and usable for years to come!
Once you have a hot tub, you will want to keep it clean and in good working order. Taking care of your hot tub will help keep it useful and usable for years to come!
- Cleaning – cleaning should be done regularly with a pH-balanced cleaner designed specifically for use on spas. This will help prevent algae growth and other unwanted materials in your water.
- Water Level – keeping the water level maintained at all times is important because if water gets too low it can damage components like pumps or filters which need proper circulation to function properly. It’s also important to note that most manufacturers recommend not filling beyond 90% capacity as this can lead to structural issues later on down the road such as warping or cracking due overfilling pressure which may cause leaks into areas where they weren’t intended like under metal joints between panels which could lead them coming loose over time causing further problems down the road when exposed surfaces are no longer held together securely anymore so make sure you don’t fill past 90% capacity!
- Filter – Most filters should be cleaned monthly depending upon usage frequency but if you see buildup then it might need cleaned sooner than every month especially if lots of people come over often (i’ll explain why later). You should always rinse thoroughly after each cleaning session before re-installation back into pump basket hole opening area (sometimes called “head”) otherwise debris from inside may leak out onto floor during operation causing damage/wear&tear quickly.”
I hope that you all have learned something from this article, and I want to remind you that as always if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at Hot Tub Choice. We are always here to help!