Neoprene is a type of foam that can be used for almost anything. It’s often found in sports products, such as wetsuits or knee pads, but it also has similar padding and insulation capabilities as memory foam. Neoprene rubber is incredibly versatile and durable, so I’ve found ways to use it in everything from book covers to wall art. Here are some of my favorite neoprene hacks:
Neoprene is also used to make protective gear and clothing.
Neoprene is also used to make protective gear and clothing. As you may have guessed by the name, neoprene is a synthetic rubber that was first invented in France in the early 1900s. It’s extremely flexible and comfortable, which makes it great for making things like wetsuits or elbow pads.
Neoprene has been used in many different ways over the years:
- Sports: Many athletes use neoprene to help them stay warm while playing sports such as lacrosse, basketball, soccer and football.
- Military & Police: Neoprene has been used by both militaries and police forces around the world due to its ability to protect against injury during combat operations or riot control situations where officers are required to wear heavy body armor vests!
Rubber backed neoprene is great for insulating, like with a laptop sleeve.
In addition to its protective qualities, neoprene is also extremely insulating. The material is great for keeping your laptop safe from heat and cold, which makes it perfect for those who want to protect their electronics while they’re on the go.
Neoprene can also be used in place of bubble wrap—but unlike bubble wrap, it’s reusable and easy to clean when you’re done using it. If you need a little extra protection for your fragile items (like glassware), then consider using neoprene instead of traditional packing materials like newspaper or bubble wrap.
Not only does this material offer excellent insulation against heat and cold, but it also helps prevent dust from getting into small nooks and crannies where dirt could hide–a key benefit if you’re working with electronics or delicate art pieces!
Neoprene foam can be used to hold accessories, like a sports watch.
- Neoprene is a sturdy material that can be used to hold small accessories, such as a sports watch.
- If you have an old watch you’re not using, use neoprene to create a snug sleeve for it.
- You can also use neoprene to make an organizer for your phone, tablet or laptop.
You can use it as book covers.
Neoprene foam is a great material for almost anything. Check out these 12 tips on what you can use it for!
- You can use it as book covers.
When I was in high school, I had a lot of books and magazines that I wanted to save (I really liked reading back then), but my collection was getting bigger than the shelf space I had available. So instead of buying more bookshelves, I used neoprene foam sheeting to make covers for all my most treasured titles. This kept them clean and protected from damage over time—and also made them look really cool!*
Use it to make shock absorbent cases or padding.
Neoprene foam is a great material for making shock absorbent cases or padding. It’s great for protecting electronics like your phone, computer screen and tablet. You can also use it to make baby products safe, such as bibs or teething rings.
It can be used an alternative to seat cushions.
You can use neoprene foam for your seat cushions. This is a great alternative to foam or fabric, because it’s comfortable and durable. It’s also easy to clean if you spill something on it.
Neoprene has some elasticity, so it will bounce back after being compressed—allowing you to sit comfortably in any chair without sacrificing support.
Neoprene is also great for protecting your stuff inside an external case.
- Protect your laptop. If you have a computer that you want to protect when it’s not in use, neoprene is a great material for making a sleeve or case. It’s soft and comfortable, like memory foam for your laptop!
- Protect your sunglasses. You can also use neoprene to protect your expensive shades from scratches and wear-and-tear while they’re in their cases or just sitting on the shelf waiting until next summer.
- Protect your phone. If you have an iPhone or other smartphone, this lightweight material makes an excellent protective case that won’t break the bank either—but if money’s no object (or if you’d rather go with leather) we’ve got those too!
It’s perfect for protecting appliances and electronics.
You can use it to protect your appliances and electronics.
- Protect the contents of your refrigerator from shifting around by making a neoprene shelf liner.
- Make custom bibs for your baby or teething rings for their toys with neoprene foam.
- Use a piece of neoprene foam as an easy-to-clean cover for your laptop, tablet computer, or phone. This is especially useful when you’re traveling and want to keep them clean while they’re in storage or being transported by vehicle. It’ll also help prevent damage if they happen to get knocked around somewhere along the way!
- Put together with other materials like high-quality vinyl fabrics, metal accessories and paints – you can create beautiful wall art pieces using this material!
It’s great for organizing projects.
Neoprene can be used to make things like bibs and teething rings for babies, or it can be used to cover appliances and electronics. For example, you can cover your laptop computer with neoprene foam so that it will be protected from small drops and spills. Neoprene is also a good material for organizing projects or even making an entire wall covering out of the material!
Neoprene can be used as part of a wall covering.
Neoprene is a great material for soundproofing. It can also be used as an insulating layer between two pieces of drywall, so you don’t have to deal with the hassle of attaching acoustic tiles or other materials to your walls. If you want your room to be as quiet and insulated as possible, neoprene foam is the way to go!
It’s a good material for making baby products safe, such as bibs or teething rings.
You’ll find that neoprene foam is a great material for making baby products safe, such as bibs or teething rings. The material is soft and flexible and can be used to make teething rings that are easy on a baby’s gums, while also being durable enough to withstand the wear and tear of chewing. It can also be used to make bibs, which will protect your baby’s clothes from food spills while they learn how to feed themselves!
Neoprene foam works well as an insulator because it’s both lightweight and non-porous. This means that it won’t absorb any liquid (like sweat) from whatever you’re using it for—which makes it perfect for creating toys like Nerf guns! These types of toys are meant to be used outside in warm weather; they need protection from heat or rain so they don’t get damaged before you’ve had time enjoy them yourself!
If you want something more professional looking than a homemade toy but still want something fun then consider buying one of these instead:
Neoprene is super useful!
Neoprene is a great material for almost any project. It’s used in baby products, pillows, and even seat cushions! It can be used to make safe products that are comfortable and practical.
It’s also great for organizing your projects! If you need to sort through your craft supplies or keep track of important papers, neoprene will do the trick.
We’re sure you have your own ideas about the best uses for this amazing material. If we missed any uses, please let us know. We hope you found some useful ideas for what to do with neoprene foam. It’s such a versatile material and there are so many things you can make with it!